Sunday, October 7, 2007

P.V.Hamza

I first met P.V. Hamza when I popped into his shop Peevee Stores in Cherpalcherry way back in 1970. I wanted to buy a bottle of brylcreem so that with the bill I could enter a contest. He was game enough to give me a bill for a large bottle though I only bought a small bottle, in order that I may enter the contest in style. That's P.V. Hamza, ever the sport, ever understanding and ever in the know of how to influence folks. From that time on I never failed to turn up at his shop to say hello to him till I left for the Gulf in 1975. Fom then on our contact became rare and far between. I last met him in May 07 when I went to his house, the one you see in this map. A gorgeous house indeed but not surprising if you consider the personality behind it. If he had shown a keen interest in politics, I am sure he would have become a minister. He is man of great calibre.
[Wrote in Wikimap entry.]

No comments: