Monday, January 19, 2009

Dear Amitah Bachchan - on Slumdog Millionaire

Comment 476
• K.Venugopal says:
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
January 19, 2009 at 10:03 pm

Dear Mr. Amitabh Bhachchan,

You appear to have missed out on a greater audacity committed by Slumdog Millionaire than simply showing the underbelly of Mumbai. The movie has a Muslim hero who lost his mother in a communal riot shown as instigated by Hindus. Later on, among the questions posed to the hero in the quiz show is the question, “What are the weapons in Rama’s hands? The hero in a soliloquy comments, “If Rama was not born, my mother would have lived”. Is not having the hero say this an insult to Hindus?

Regards
K.Venugopal
venu1005@hotmail.com

http://bigb.bigadda.com/2009/01/16/day-267/#comment-271458

Shivalinga says:
January 19, 2009 at 11:55 pm
My God! I can’t believe this Taliban-style madness here. Some dialogue said something in a movie, and a silly hero surfaces out of nowhere to claim that it is an insult to Hinduism.

And another person is asking Amith to pardon the media….Gee! what is wrong with you people?

Lord Rama asked his wife to jump into a fire and commit suicide to prove that she was not had by Ravan……that too based on a gossip by an ordinary man. Not to mention, Rama shot a guy in the back and killed him. Talk about virtues! Gee! What a great guy! And Venugopal worships him.



#
moviemeh says:
January 21, 2009 at 9:59 pm

@Mr K.Venugopal (comment 476)

I believe the quote is:

“You think I don’t wake up every morning wishing I didn’t know the answer to that question? If it wasn’t for Ram and Allah, I would still have my mother. ”

So it appears more generalized anti-religion that anything else. However one of the premises of the movie is that his destiny is written, which raises the question, written by Whom?


Shivalinga says:

Quote from Slum Dog Millionaire
“You think I don’t wake up every morning wishing I didn’t know the answer to that question? If it wasn’t for Ram and Allah, I would still have my mother. ”

hmmmmm! But Indians like Venugopal distort it deliberately to prove that this movie is anti Hinduism. Destructive fundamentalist muslims are bad, but Indians like Venugopal are equally bad.

Dear Amithji,

Please spank people like Venugopal.

No comments: