Monday, December 28, 2009

Kalyan to launch party on Jan 5


BJP president Nitin Gadkari may favour the return of Kalyan Singh to the party, but the former UP chief minister has said he will float a new party, and there is no question of him joining the BJP. The name of his party and its organisational set-up will be announced here on Singh’s birthday on January 5.
Singh is in Delhi, doing the groundwork for formation and registration of his new party with the Election Commission.
On Gadkari’s statement, Singh said, “It’s a good move but I am forming my own party now as my issues can be best addressed by my own party. There isn’t any chance that I will go back to the BJP. Just wait for January 5 and more details will be available.”
Asked if any BJP leader had approached him after Gadkari’s statement, Singh replied: “I have neither been approached by anyone from the BJP, nor have I spoken to anyone after I decided to form my own party.”

This is not the first time Singh will be floating his own party. He had earlier formed the Rashtriya Kranti Party, which he merged with BJP in 2004. Last month, after parting ways with SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, Singh had said that leaving the BJP was his biggest mistake.

Kalyan Singh is truly an example of a failed politician still harbouring vainglorious dreams of a comeback. He failed due to the cause of all failures - a bloated ego. He has Uma Bharthi for company. Maybe they should knock on Mayavati's doors and offer themselves as casteist candidates.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/kalyan-to-launch-party-on-jan-5/559077/

No comments: