Wednesday, August 19, 2009

JASWANT SINGH EXPELLED FROM BJP


I was BJP's Hanuman, now I'm Ravana: Jaswant
CNN-IBN
Published on Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 14:31, Updated on Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 16:06 in Politics section

Shimla: Darjeeling MP Jaswant Singh has been "pained" by his sacking from the primary membership of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
"It pains me that I have been sacked for writing a book," said an emotional Jaswant while addressing the media in Shimla on Wednesday.
"During Vajpayee's (Atal Bihari Vajpayee) time I was seen as the Hanuman, today I have become Ravana," said Jaswant.
"The party's Parliamentary Board has taken a decision to expel me from the primary membership of the BJP. Rajnath informed me of my sacking. I should have been informed personally, not on the phone. I am a member of BJP since the day the party was formed. I am grateful to the party for having given me so much for 30 years. Responsibilities have been entrusted to me which I have tried to deliver. Advani and Rajnath should have informed me personally. If I was to be sacked... then the party should have informed me in Delhi itself. It's a matter of regret that I have been sacked for writing a book," said the senior politician.
"I have accepted party's decision to sack me," he said but added that his political career had not come to an end.
Hinting that the party had singled him out Jaswant said, "Some elements in the party feel there's a great deal of selectivity in the party."
When asked why former BJP president LK Advani was not expelled from the party for calling Jinnah secular, Jaswant said, "It's up to the party to do whatever it wants."
"I have not committed any sin by writing the book. I don't regret writing on Jinnah, five years of labour has gone into this. Reading, writing and publishing is entering a dark alley. I don't know if my sacking is part of the succession battle in BJP. I can understand if Congress attacks me, but why BJP. It's a matter of regret that i have been sacked for writing a book," he added.
He also claimed that he had never been a member of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh.


The Muslim League, with its two-nation theory, is responsible for partition and Mohammad Ali Jinnah, as its president, can not escape responsibility. If Jaswant Singh's theory is that Jinnah was a good man or that he loved Hindus, he may be right as these are subjective views. But the unfolding of history due to the organised actions of a major political party serving the interest of only Muslims cannot be whitewashed. When Muslim League called for "direct action", were they asking their cadres to preach love of India or were they calling their cadres to take to the streets in violence for the partition of India?

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/i-was-bjps-hanuman-now-im-ravana-jaswant/99507-37.html

No comments: